Online, words or phrases related to your niche or website can be likened to the heart of the human body. Without them, traffic would not be generated or redirected to the right direction, and your webpage would not exist on the Internet. The kind of keywords or keyphrases you use though greatly depends on where and how you will use it. Are they intended for search engine optimization (SEO) or pay-per-click (PPC) campaign? Knowing where such terms go will help you determine how to research the words or phrases that are suited for your marketing needs. But what makes one different from the other?
- Your objectives are to gather search terms that people utilize to find your website or the products that you are selling. If you are into real estate rentals, for instance, then you must look for keywords that will connect to your niche, such as property to let, home for rent, rental flat, etc.
- The keywords serve as the foundation of everything that you do on the Web. They have to be associated with the meta tags, title, and tracking metrics. Moreover, the content of your webpage must focus on the keywords to help you rank on search engines. The same search terms can be used to benchmark the progress of your ranking as well.
- In SEO, you can do trial and error without the need to worry about expenses. You can change words or phrases as often, or when the necessity arises, to get better results. You can even make use of highly competitive terms or long tail keywords to stay unique and on the lead.
- Your goal is to find terms that will generate more profits flowing in. They must present a category that will yield the most potential returns for your cost-per-click investment. Moreover, they must suggest a purchase as well so that leads would become conversions.
- Unlike SEO, the function of words and phrases in PPC is more specific. They are necessary in your campaigns, ad groups and copy, and landing page. For your website to get a high Quality Score there must be a tight relationship among the elements previously mentioned.
- Because you will have to pay the publisher every time an ad is clicked, the margin for error in PPC is quite slim. You would not want to waste money by using the wrong keywords or keyphrases, right? Doing so often mean that you will be unable to make a sale or close a deal, especially if the clients could not find what they are looking for, or because they were misled by the search terms used.
Even if you are not responsible for doing keyword research, understanding the difference about how terms are generated between SEO and PPC will help you make a huge difference to your online processes. Because then, you would not have to bother a Web specialist as to why certain metrics were not included or considered in the keyword list. You should also remember that not all words that clients used are necessarily valuable on all contexts; some will prove useful while others don’t.